Monday, November 15, 2010

Know Thyself

18/09/2009 (Day 3.261) - Mirror Man

I am a long time fan of Oscar Wilde.
His life, like his work, has always fascinated me.
Has any man and his work been more quotable?


One of his best quotes:
I am the only person in the world I should like to know thoroughly.

Narcissistic on the surface, looking deeper one finds a hard truth in that quote.
How well do you know yourself?
To know is not merely to be aware.
You may be "aware" of your many facets.
But, how well do you KNOW them?
How many of those facets are really you?

How many of them are just something you created for others?

Do not go through life ignorant of your true self.

Answer the following questions honestly and in writing for the best effect.
Having to write down the answers will prompt you to spend more time thinking about your answers...and yourself.


• What is something I dislike about myself?
• What is something I like about myself?
• What is something I do well?
• What is something I am optimistic about?
• What is something I am pessimistic about?
• What is my most indispensable possession and why?
• What is the best birthday present I could receive?
• What am I most afraid of?
• What always makes me laugh?
• What talents do I have?
• What three words would accurately describe me right now?
• What four things are most important in my life? 


Cheers!

Mirror Man photograph by Kaptain Kobold

No comments:

Post a Comment