According to the U.S. Government
- Over $1 billion is overpaid to the IRS
- 2.2 million people overpay taxes
- 61% of homeowners miss deductions
- Incorrectly accuses thousands of owing money
- Mistakenly keeps an average of $438 of standard deductions
Research shows that a lot of those people overpaying the IRS are Americans who go to less-than-qualified tax professionals to get their taxes done.
So, my friends, please take the time to do your homework before deciding who gets to do your taxes.
Going to someone just because they do your taxes cheap may be costing you money in the long run